Use any type of cauliflower | (recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients [3 – 4 servings]:
- 1 cauliflower, cut into chunky pieces
- 2-3 handfuls of other seasonal veg, cut into chunks (Try sweet potatoes, squash, runner beans, potatoes – any fairly firm veg that roasts well.)
- A glug of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb of ginger, peeled
- 1/2 fresh red or green chilli, roughly chopped (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion or 2 leeks, roughly chopped (peel onion first)
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- A large handful of fresh mint and/or coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 250ml veg stock
- A large handful of desiccated coconut, toasted
- Mint and/or coriander, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Pop in a roasting tray to warm.
- Toss your cauliflower and other veg with a splash of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated tray for 25 mins, or till tender and nicely coloured.
- Meanwhile, blitz the garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, onion/leek, peanut butter, lime juice and zest, mint/coriander, sesame oil and soy sauce in a food processor or blender, to a saucy paste.
- Add the coconut milk and stock to the paste. Blend to mix.
- Pour the sauce into the roasting tray over the roast veg. Cook for 5-10 mins to warm the sauce.
- Delicious with rice and a dusting of toasted coconut and fresh mint or coriander leaves over the top.