Children’s Programme: 3:30pm
3 short films from UK and Africa:
- A Lesson in History by Maybelle Peters (UK) -An animation film about black history
- Concrete Garden by Alrick Riley (UK) – A young girl arriving in 1950s London writes home to her Granny in Jamaica
- Mwansa the Great by Rungano Nyoni (Zambia), A young boy in Zambia takes his friends along with him on his superhero journey
Evening Progamme: 6:30pm
2 films from Portugese-speaking Africa: Mozambique and Angola:
- Gaze of the Stars/O Olhar Das Estrelas by Joao Ribero (Mozambique), A Short tender fiction film set in Maputo with a
surprising moral tale
- Rostov Luanda by Abderrahman Sissako (Mauritania/Angola), A captivating documentary of a filmmaker who goes in search of the long lost Angolan friend he studied with in 1980s Russia. On his journey he discovers Angola and its past through a range of
fascinating characters in the capital Luanda. But will he find his friend?
Free Films – Drinks – Popcorn!!
All are welcome to attend – Todos sâo bem-vindas para particapar!!
More Information at: junegivannifilmarchive.com