(recipe adapted from here)
- 8 good-sized carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of chilli powder (to taste)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or cashew nut butter)
- 750ml-1 ltr veg stock
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 220°C/Gas 8. Place a roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
- Add the carrots, garlic and a splash of olive oil to the hot roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast till the carrots have coloured up and are mashably tender.
- Warm your stock
- Once the carrots are cooked, whiz with the nut butter and a few splashes of the stock till you have a thick, smooth and creamy mash.
- Add a hit of chilli powder, to taste.
- Whiz in a handful of fresh mint to counter the chilli heat.
- Trickle and whiz in enough stock to get the soup as thick or thin as you like.
- Season to taste and finish with a refreshing squeeze of lime juice.