- 1 onion, leek or a few spring onions
- A splash of olive oil
- 4 mugs chopped carrots, squash or sweet potato (or use a combination)
- A few slivers of a fresh green or red chilli
- 2-3cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- 2 limes
- 1-2 mugs veg or chicken stock
- 1 tin of coconut milk (or make your own)
- A good handful fresh coriander
1. Finely chop your onion or leek. Add a splash of oil to a deep pan or pot. Add the onion/leek and cook gently until softened, 5-10 minutes.
2. Chop your carrots or squash into smallish pieces. Add them to the onion/leek. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until very tender, about 20 minutes. Add a splash of oil.
3. Fold the ginger and chilli through. Let it sizzle for a moment. Squeeze in the juice from the limes. Add the stock and let it bubble up for a few minutes. Fold in the coconut milk. Warm through.
4. Add a handful of coriander and blend everything together until smooth. Taste. Season, as needed.