The Lion of Judah roars – Speeches by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I
May His Imperial Majesty grant I&I the wisemind to stand His words and the courage to live up to the ideal livity He has shown I&I.
- Now available for the download the complete volume "Selected Speeches Of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I"
- In time of war, women like men, have served their country and in some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.
- We express Our ardent wish that the International Book Year will yield fruitful results and urge all Ethiopians to support the spirit and aims of this event by participating in its various activities.
- The young and the adult will not be a burden to their country, if they strive for education and that is why all should eagerly seek learning.
- Those who have had the opportunity to learn should always be at the disposal of those who have not had its benefit.
- When We say religion, it is not restricted to the professed faith. In this connection no one should question the faith of others, for no human being can be a judge of the ways of God.
- An educated person can benefit his society when he shows beneficial results without discriminating between jobs.
- an excerpt from Speech to the United Nations
- The acute problems related to education are manifested in the fact that today two-thirds of the population of the world are denied educational opportunities while the present educational systems are being questioned and criticised.
- This new international climate of understanding is a development of the utmost importance to the peace, well-being and progress of mankind.