The Lion of Judah roars – Speeches by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I
May His Imperial Majesty grant I&I the wisemind to stand His words and the courage to live up to the ideal livity He has shown I&I.
- As Solomon says, physical distance cannot be a barrier to love. Likewise, the distances among your respective countries have been abolished by the proximity of your hearts.
- Since the responsibilities involved in a hospital of this nature are great, all of you who have been selected to serve here have to live up to these responsibilities.
- We must become bigger than we have been, more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook.
- It is only when man becomes master of his fate able to determine his destiny that he can be free from fears and inferiority.
- The purpose of this conference is to strengthen African unity.
- Our liberty is meaningless unless all Africans are free.
- From time immemorial hunger, disease and illiteracy have been man's persistent enemies which have plagued his effort to lead a fuller and healthier life.
- How noble and great a deed is the act of sacrificing one's wealth, land and money, to one's needy community instead of for selfish purposes!
- No better work can be done by a professional person than to help his fellowmen through his knowledge and skill.
- Unless a man becomes independent in his knowledge and capacity, what help he gets from others is little. But if he is self-dependent, he may be able to extend help to others.